Proof that Apollo missions were not faked.

Right, you’ve had a few days to watch all the films purporting that the Apollo missions were faked, and that we never went to the moon.

Now here’s the debunking of all those theories. Try to convince me otherwise and I’ll come over there and kick your ass.

I admit I have played a little game with you. I have forced you (hopefully) to examine and evaluate something for yourself. Hopefully you have researched and come to your own conclusions.

Well, here’s the solution to the puzzle, I hope you were right!

Observations of the lunar surface made by the Japanese JAXA Kagyua orbiter were made in February 2008 that clearly show the landing sites for Apollo missions 15 and 17. Visit the site and have a look – it’s actually a very pretty little presentation, proving that dudes who do Science are not dry and boring. Or maybe it’s just those loveable crazy Japanese doing their thing.

Whilst they don’t give a close-up view of a flag or footprint, they clearly show that the real lunar landscape – reconstructed from a raft of differing photographic and topographical observations – match exactly the images taken by the Apollo astronauts. Which basically means, for any die-hard conspiracy theorists out there, that unless NASA was a) able to guess to a precise degree without current technology the exact layout of a particular patch of the moon’s surface or b) able to create images worthy of Photoshop using only razor blades and glue (and the aforementioned prescient knowledge), we pretty much had dudes standing on the moon’s surface taking photographs.

JAXA’s Kaguya has imaged landing sites for Apollo 15 and 17. Now STFU.

This is where you might say “Aha! But why only Apollo 15 and 17?”  No idea. But I would suspect that they just happen to be the only areas of the surface the JAXA flight control wanted to take time out to look at, as, you know, they had a whole metric fuckton of more important things to do whilst they were there. And regardless of whether the first landing was faked or not – I seriously doubt it – it remains that here we have proof that we have walked on the moon. Been there. Done that.

So, now you can stop worrying your little brain about it and take off the tin-foil hat. Oh, wait, you can’t, because the reptiloids or the Annunaki will tap into your brains, won’t they…silly me.

So get on with worrying about real things like police states, state-sponsored terrorism and Orwellian manipulation.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I appear to have a gentleman in a dark suit behind me with a very strange grin and an odd, uncomfortable giggle.

*Flash!*

About these ads

6 Comments

1. Posted September 19, 2008 at 9:08 pm | Permalink | Reply

Ha! Ha! I LOVE this! Kudos to you! I am an Aerospace Engineer that worked on Apollo, specifically the S1-C Stage.
    I worked for Boeing at Michoud. Those conspiracy theorists need to get a life, they are so pitiful. They started all this in the 1960s. I guess they wanted attention. What lame brains.
    If they talked to a REAL astronaut they might get clocked. :o)
    We engineers do not suffer fools lightly.
    Great blog! Best wishes, Sara

2. Posted September 19, 2008 at 9:28 pm | Permalink | Reply

Glad you enjoyed it, Sara :)

I enjoy perusing sites like Abovetopsecret.com for just such folks. Sometimes posters on there have valid concerns or ideas, such as the state of modern politics, civil liberties, and the like. But these valid posters are lost amidst the seething mass of morons posting utter bullshit tin-foil nonsense that it almost makes your blood boil at the stupidity…

There were people crying “FAKE” because the Lunar Rover wheels left no shadow in some Apollo images. They went on and on until some sane individual pointed out, gently, that the Lunar Rover didn’t actually have tires, but mesh wheels. The tin-foils were so dumb, they turned on him and said that this idea was rubbish and that he was a government disinformation agent.

My personal favorites? The people that show some fuzzy-ass photo from the Moon or Mars with a thread title like “Super secret magic space castles on mars – REAL PROOF!!!!!eleven!!!”. And the pictures are of a fuzzy, out of focus rock. And you wish that somewhere in the five hundred replies someone would just say “Dude, look, it’s a fucking rock. It’s more likely that you will find MY ASS on Mars that a magic space castle. Jeez. ”

It makes me mad, but also amuses me. For who knows, maybe there IS stuff on the Moon or Mars or elsewhere. Mars would be more likely. But the pictures they post? Not a chance!

Have you seen the latest films on youtube that purport to be from the Apollo 20 mission, where they find a ship on the dark side of the Moon, and an female alien (deceased) who looks disturbingly like the love child of Sophia Loren and Mick Jagger? They are hilarious and so obviously fake that you would have to be severely hard of thinking to beleive them. The cameraman spends five minutes randomly waving the camera about and takes 99% of the shots of the LEM dashboard with the “alien” just out of frame. Way to go, NASA camera-skills teacher :) I love making people realise how stupid those films are. One guy refused to accept thhey were fake, even after I pointed out the strange phenomenon that meant that we heard the familiar “beeps” during the radio chatter, but mysteriously all the speech was totally inaudible. He couldn’t quite understand that it would be a HUGE waste of time to set up equipment to record all the conversations between the LEM and Capcom, but without actually making it able to record the conversations between the LEM and Capcom :)

Anyhoo, thanks for the comments, and how utterly awesome a career you obviously have :)

3. Posted October 14, 2008 at 8:54 pm | Permalink | Reply

Hi, Guy! I didn’t realize how long it’s been since I wrote you. Sorry. Been busy. Amazon.com is publishing my book and driving me nuts with editors and graphic artists. I am speaking to the U.S. Naval Academy in a few weeks to the Aerospace Engineering Class. A movie producer called me to be in his movie with Buzz Aldrin and Mike Collins next year. We’ll see.
    I hope it happens. I guess what has broken my heart for the past 40 years is that no one seems to care about the greatest achievement in mankind’s history. I tell people that I worked on Apollo and I am met with utter indifference.
    There are many many folks who worked on Apollo here in Florida but they don’t want to talk about it. ?? I am shocked.
    This wasn’t war. We hurt no one. We made history. We changed the world. Thanks for your kind words.

4. Posted May 9, 2009 at 3:10 pm | Permalink | Reply

did the Jaxa mission take photos of the landing sites?

5. Posted May 9, 2009 at 3:54 pm | Permalink | Reply

Yep, like the pic at the top :) The similarities are hard to dismiss.

6. rkm
    Posted July 27, 2009 at 3:08 am | Permalink | Reply

I guess I am an Agnostic about this moon landing business. When I saw tricky dick congratulating the astronauts, I believed it. But now, I have no idea. I really don’t care about the moonscape unless there is a rover or other piece of metal in it.